Most academic planning software features the same functionality- experiential tools to manage sites, create rotations, track requirements; assessment tools, portfolios, competencies, curriculum outlining, coursework, etc…
CoreTrax has all these, but is different by design- it was built with input from preceptors, students and administrators who were using CoreTrax throughout the entire development process, with feedback being incorporated daily. For that matter, they are still providing feedback. This has created an ever improving system- where innovation is the norm.
a one page feature summary that outlines standard functionality and highlights some advanced features.
The interface differs from a typical website, where progression is from one page to another, and provides a workspace where multi-tasking and flexibility are emphasized and optimized. This is made possibly using a unique approach- a window based system that allows for multiple ‘windows’ and panels to be created within the CoreTrax workspace. This closely resembles desktop applications that most users are accustomed to.
A TRULY MOBILE APPROACH
Many approach mobile by building a website that works on mobile devices- and while there are many advantages these websites often lack the ease of use of an actual app (such as from the App Store). Therefore in order to provide the best possible user experience CoreTrax provides an app for both Android and Apple devices.
Using this approach to mobile allows for additional application features. For example, students are often required to upload various pieces of paperwork, such as health records are other related data. This requires they scan the document and transfer it to a computer for upload. The mobile version of CoreTrax streamlines this process- simply open the item in the app and use the device camera to take a picture of the document, which is then resized, uploaded, and linked to the appropriate record.
- Queue/ Todo List System automatically shows each user tasks that must be completed and provides easy access to them
- Integrated Cloud Sharing System
- Direct to excel export
- Customizable automated reminder email system for expiration dates and due dates
- Mobile apps for access to CoreTrax functionality (Apple iOS and Android)
- Create custom roles (i.e. Teaching Assistant and Site Administrator); and each role can have customized rights for the application
- Organize sites, rotations, students and preceptors
- Manual & automated rotation assignment & trading
- Extended rotation search features
- Flexible program setup for APPEs and IPPEs
- Student hour & requirement tracking
- PaperWork system manages any document efficiently
- Manage courses and coursework
- Create rubrics with elements linked to competencies
- Various types of course admins (i.e. Teaching assistants)
- System graded questionnaires
- Upload files as coursework
- Integrated customizable competency-based system
- Map competencies to questions and rubric elements
- Students and preceptors can view competency progress
- Portfolio system for sharing student documents
- Build evaluations & surveys & forms